Thursday, June 4, 2009

Atul Grover on Medicine in Public Policy

I enjoyed listening to this interview with Dr. Atul Grover, who teaches at Georgetown and Johns Hopkins. It was published on aspiringdocs.org on June 4th. He talks about the importance of diversity among medical professionals both in public medicine (where the role of diversity is perhaps more obvious than in other areas of healthcare) and academic medicine. I wish I heard this interview before I interviewed at medical schools.
Interview with Dr. Atul Grover is posted here:
http://www.aspiringdocs.org/site/c.luIUL9MUJtE/b.5200531/k.1426/Meet_the_Experts_Podcasts__Atul_Grover.htm

I also recommend reading "Better" by another Atul (!), Dr. Atul Gawande, which covers interesting issues of public policy and medicine. I greatly enjoyed his first book, "Complications", but "Better" definitely has more of a public policy angle. Both books are fantastically easy to read. Recommend.

1 comment:

 
Real Time Web Analytics My Zimbio
Top Stories